How does my tummy know it’s nearly Christmas? Like today I completely skipped lunch and had peanut butter and berries on toast instead! It’s just what my soul was crying out for! But it’s December, it’s nearly Christmas so that’s totally allowed, right?!
I don’t know about you, but I’m craving ALL the comfort foods and I’d be more than happy to if someone said I had to stay inside the house in just my PJs from now until Christmas, like serriousssllyyy! So cosy!
Anyway it’s Sunday, it’s cold (bare in mind cold for Southern Spain is anything below 18degrees) and I actually had a bit of free time! Which is a rare thing these days, so of course I got in the kitchen and got creating! I had absolutely no idea what I wanted to make, I just knew I wanted it to be Christmassy! I also got my hands on some Vegan white chocolate the other day at a huge organic shop I found in Gibralter and it’s been on my mind ever since! So it had to be something consisting of white choc!
I stuck to a simple(ish) cookie base and added chunks of white chocolate and dried cranberries and honestly… just WOW. The cookies turned out crispy on the outside with a soft chew on the inside thanks to my old trusty pal Tapioca Starch! The actual cookie base consists of very few ingredients, then it’s totally up to you if you want to add anything. Although I would 10000% recommend white chocolate chunks and dried berries because my gaaaawwwd it’s good! And did I mention these babies literally TASTE of Christmas. Like if Christmas was made into a cookie this would be it!
(I totally just took a break from writing this to go get another cookie, talking about it got me all watery mouthed 🤤).
Anyway! Less teasing, more recipe sharing. Here’s what y’all will need!
- 1 cup of almond flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup of tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon of gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil, solid
- 1 large egg (or if Vegan: 1 tablespoon of Flaxseed meal and 3 tablespoons of water to replace one egg)
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Half a Vegan white chocolate bar chopped ( around 75grams)
- 1/4 cup of dried cranberries chopped up
How to make:
- Combine the almond flour, tapioca starch , baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Blend coconut oil, egg and water together until lumps are out and a paste is formed.
3. Add to the dry ingredients, add the chocolate chunks and berries then mix well. Place mixture in fridge for around 15 minutes. Meanwhile preheat oven and get a lined tray prepared.
4. Spoon mixture onto tray and flatten out into cookie shapes. (Around a tablespoons worth of big cookies are desired. Cookies will naturally rise and get bigger when cooking.) To make more cookies out of the mixture just spoon less mixture per cookie.
5. Bake for around 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are set and golden. Once baked, allow to cool on a wire rack.
6. Put a Christmas movie on, pour a glass of almond milk (or Baileys?) and enjoy! 😍
Let me know what you think and remember to tag/dm me with any recreations! I love to see them! Instagram and Facebook page is CookEatSquatRepeat.
Love to you all, J xx