Firstly I want to apologize for being soooo bad at sharing recipes recently! I’ve been slacking at posting on here but I promise I have a great excuse! No, really I do! I’ve been creating in the kitchen! School holidays mean I can spend more time doing my favourite thing… experimenting with all the healthy foooods. So many exciting, yummy recipes being created! I’ve started receiving orders and selling bits locally which is SO exciting! I LOVE delivering my healthy treats and hearing how much people are enjoying them, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Soooo these balls of pure bliss are low in carbs, high in lots of good fats and fullll of PROTEIN. Free from ALL the nasties, yep, not one naughty ingredient in sight. Can I get an AMEN please?!
If you’re yet to be convinced, these peanutty chocolate protein balls have a lovely crunch to them and once you bite into the middle you are met with a gooey, chocolatey hazelnut spread. Mouth watering yet? Thought so!
For protein ball mix:
1 cup of grounded almonds (flour like texture)
4 tablespoons of raw peanut butter
1/2 cup of grounded flaxseeds
1/2 cup of oats (gluten free)
1/4 cup chia seeds (optional but yummy)
2 scoops of whey chocolate protein (Vegan if following Vegan)
2 tablespoons of Agave (honey or maple syrup would work just as well)
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1/4 cup of sesame seed (optional for the coating of the balls!)
For the homemade Rawtella filling:
200grams raw hazelnuts
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
2 tablespoons of raw cacao
2 tablespoons of sugar free nut milk (I used almond)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 tablespoons of agave or honey
1/4 teaspoon of salt
Water (add bit by bit to get desired consistency)
What to do!
Protein ball mixture:
1. Mix all ingredients together in a ball until combined thoroughly and mixture sticks together.
2. Take around a tablespoon serving of the dough flatten in your palm and place on a tray lined with parchment paper. This dough should make about 14-16
3. Place to one side whilst you make your rawtella (if you haven’t made the rawtella already!).
For the rawtella:
1. Bake the hazelnuts in a pre-heated oven for 5-10 minutes (this is optional but helps blending the nuts and they taste waaaay better)
2. Once the nuts have cooled, blend on a high until crumpy and oily. They should get a little oily after a while.
3. Add the cacao, oil, vanilla essence, agave, almond milk and salt.
4. Blend in short sharp burts, slowly adding small bits of water as you go along. You may have to scrape the sides throughout aswell.
5. Repeat until the texture turns wet and spreadable.
The last stage!
1. Add just over a teaspoon of your rawtella to your already flattened protein ball mixture and roll into balls.
2. Sprinkle the sesame seeds onto the parchment paper your balls were on and roll until covered.
3. Place balls in the fridge for at least 30 minutes!
More to come people! 😘