HELP! I am officially addicted to coconut! Coconut milk, coconut flour, coconut oil, coconut body cream! And now I am completely obsessed with these Vegan ‘Bounty’ bars! Someone come sew up my mouth! *Step away from the kitchen Justine*
Funnily enough, I was never a Bounty fan growing up, it is something I have developed a taste for over the last few years. It would always be the chocolate I avoided if we had a box of ‘Celebrations’ in the house and we would just be left with loads of rejected Bountys and Bournvilles at the bottom of the box! Just shows how much your taste buds can change because now I am absolutely LOCO for da COCO!
I feel such a buzz when recreating these popular chocolate bars. The beauty of doing them yourself is you know exactllyyyy what is going in them and they always taste better than the commercial version! These Bounty bars are awesomely raw as they are gluten-free, dairy-free and sugar-free! Ready in less than 30 minutes and only 4 simple ingredients: Desiccated coconut flour, coconut milk, dark chocolate (dairy free) and agave.
Once you’ve mixed together the coconut flour, coconut milk and agave syrup and formed a dough, all you need to do is mould them into little bars, place them onto a tray lined with parchment paper and leave them to set in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. When set cover them in the melted chocolate! After many messy attempts in the past I find the best advise in covering the bars in chocolate is by using chopsticks: Grab the bar with your chopsticks and dip them in the bowl of melted chocolate then place onto a cooling rack with parchment paper underneath to catch any chocolate that may drip off!
It is THAT simple guys! Why would you want to buy the ones full of crap when you can make these healthier, tastier Bounty’s! Give them a go, you won’t be disappointed 😉
- 200g desiccated coconut flour
- ¾ can coconut milk (eliminate the watery part)
- 2 tbsp agave syrup (or maple or honey)
- 200g 70% dark chocolate (dairy free if strict vegan)
- 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut (optional: to add to filling mixture and sprinkle on top)
- Blend coconut flour, coconut milk and agave. Mix for 30 seconds or until combined, scraping down the mixture with a spatula if necessary. Place mixture in a bowl then add just over half of the 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut and mix it in.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture into bars and arrange them on a baking tray covered with parchment paper. Refrigerate for 1h or set in the freezer for 10-15 min.
- In the meantime melt the chocolate in a microwave or in a heat-proof bowl over a pan filled with simmering water. Once melted allow to cool slightly.
- Dip each bounty evenly into the melted chocolate and arrange on a cooling rack. Make sure you put some parchment paper beneath the rack to catch the dripping chocolate!
- Allow your bounty bars to set then… eat to your hearts content!!
- They must be kept stored in the fridge and will last for up to 5 days. (They never do in my household!).