Ahhh it feels so good to be writing again! I have so many amazing recipes I want to share with you but I have been too busy to post them. I know that sounds like such a LAME excuse, but in my defence I have moved HOUSE then COUNTRY in the space of 10 days…. Did I mention I started my new job pretty much the minute I stepped foot back on Spanish soil?! So as you can probably imagine the last two weeks have felt like a bit of a roller-coaster! Luckily I love the ride! If you guys follow me on instagram (@cookeatsquatrepeat) you will see that I have still been cooking ,so I haven’t completely abandoned you, nothing will ever stop me cooking! But now I can safely say I am back for goooood (*sang in Take That tune*). I finally got a weekend to myself and spent Saturday catching up with an old friend, we went cycling and for lunch which was so nice! I nearly got killed a few times along the way (the third time was not my fault, it was the afternoon sangria!). Lets just say the bike wasn’t the only rusty thing about that day!
Anyyyywaaaay, back to business… Business meaning these ridiculously scrummy Sweet Potato cupcakes of course! I made this batch using a base of mashed sweet potato, banana and some nut butter. I thought I would mix it up and try experimenting with a different type of base instead of using my usual nut based flours, knowing that not everyone likes using flour every time they bake, myself included! The nut based flours can be expensive and a little harder to digest for some people, so these are a perfect blend to create moist, wholesome muffs! (I also made some cookies out of the left over mashed sweet potato which I will be sharing soon, I think this is enough foodie heaven for one night!).
What you will need:
- 1/2 cup sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract;
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
Get yo bake on:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease a muffin tin (if not using muffin case)
- Combine the cooked sweet potato and ripe banana (I blended mine out of pure laziness!)
- Add the nut butter, eggs, and vanilla; blend until well combined
- Fill each muffin tin with the mixture and add the blueberries on top pushing some down into the muffins.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
I actually got 8 out of this mixture and added some cacoa nibs to the last two, which was like a party in my mouth!
Aint no bluffin with these muffins!
I hope you enjoy them guys and tag me on insta with any recreations! Happy muffing!
Love J xx